STUDENT AFFAIRS AND SERVICES OFFICE (SASO)/
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS (DSA)
The management of student services and activities complementing academic instruction intended to facilitate holistic student development for active involvement in nation building.
A leading Student Affairs and Services Office supporting students academic endeavor producing holistic, productive, and globally competent graduates
To provide venues, opportunities and activities whereby students can learn the skills of leadership and management, acquire life-nourishing and life- sustaining experiences through the utilization of research and extension programs and activities.
In order to attain its vision and mission, the Student Affairs Office shall deliver services where students can maximize their potential by:
- Provide student-centered programs and activities that shall help them develop their leadership, entrepreneurial, managerial skills and life skills and values;
- Employ strategies and methodologies through the utilization of advanced technology to support their academic endeavors where students can imbibe holistic and positive values;
- Encourage students enchase their God-given, talents and skills of offering programs and services for the enrichment of historical and cultural heritage.
- Guide student organizations and clubs towards a service oriented philosophy working side by side with stakeholders; and
- Nourish their sense of commitment and dedication in the exercise of their personal integrity, motivation for service, conscientiousness, and compassion for people.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
A.STUDENT AFFAIRS SERVICES
The Student Affairs and Services are the services and programs in higher education institutions that are concerned with academic support experiences of students to attain holistic student development. Academic support services are: those that relate to student welfare, student development and those that relate to institutional programs and services.
- Student Welfare Services are basic services and programs needed to ensure and promote the well-being of students.
- Student Development Services refers to the services and programs designed for the exploration, enhancement and development of the student’s full potential for personal development, leadership, and social responsibility through various institutional and/or student initiated activities.
- Institutional Student Programs and Services refers to the services and programs designed to pro-actively respond to the basic health, foo, shelter, and safety concerns of students including students with special needs and disabilities and the school.